MENU

Have you had a question about LifeQuest and didn’t know where to find the answer? If so, you’ve come to the right place. This section is a compilation of answers to the questions most commonly asked by our constituents. Just start by following one of the links below.

If you can’t find the question you wanted to ask, don’t hesitate to contact us.

  • What does your organization do?

    Our primary focus is to provide lifelong learning for adults of all ages. LifeQuest offers three eight-week terms of classes during the year and one four-week summer term. Classes are held in the borrowed facilities of Second Presbyterian Church all day on Wednesdays and on Thursday mornings. The wide variety of topics will appeal to practically any interest, and all for one flat fee.
    Our unique, volunteer-based structure stresses that the same people who participate in the organization should be actively involved in planning, implementing and funding the programs. For a list of specific programs and services we provide, visit the What We Do section.

    * Third Age – life after one’s primary career and child-rearing, which now spans approximately 2-3 decades

  • How many people does LifeQuest serve each year?

    LifeQuest active membership currently stands at over 2,100 people representing about 13 counties in central Arkansas. Our outreach projects such as web-based lectures extend as far as Hot Springs Village and Mountain Home. While there is no age requirement for taking part in our lifelong learning programs, the average age is 72.

  • What sorts of things could I do as a volunteer?

    We’re always on the lookout for individuals who want to get involved, whether in small ways or large, for a one-time task or an ongoing role. Also visit our What You Can Do section to find out ways to help enrich people’s lives as well as your own!

    LifeQuest volunteer job list includes:
    Curriculum Planning
    Instructor/ presenter of a class or classes
    Bulk mail crew
    Lunch program speaker/performer
    Lunch server
    Refreshments for coffee station
    Greeter
    Office support

    Our Community Services volunteer opportunities include:
    • Computer Comforter – put your general knowledge of the personal computer and operating systems to use by assisting someone with common computer issues such as an internet or email connection, hooking up a printer, loading new software.
    • We Care – help address birthday card.

  • If I were to donate funds, how is my money used?

    As a 501-(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we have a responsibility to our community and to our supporters to ensure long-term sustainability of the organization. What many people don’t know is that class registration fees only cover 60% of LifeQuest’s annual operating budget. The sustainability of our organization relies on the generosity of individuals, businesses, foundations and congregations to help us secure the other 40% of our budget year after year. We work hard to be good stewards of all funds received, regardless of the source; and to contain costs and administer funds directly into the programs where the greatest number of people can receive the greatest benefit. See also: How We Are Funded and What We Do.

  • What is your organization’s privacy policy?

    Our organization takes our privacy policy seriously and takes steps to protect and ensure the safety of our supporters. We do not sell or otherwise disclose information about our volunteers or supporters outside of our immediate organization. This policy has not exceptions. We do not sell or exchange your information with any other organizations, public, private or nonprofit. For more detailed information, visit our Privacy Policy page.